Also known as pre-natal massage. It promotes relaxation and bonding, soothes nerves, and relieves a strained back and tired muscles in expectant mothers.
As well as feeling relaxed, there are many benefits to having a pregnancy massage, such as:
- Improving muscular discomforts such as leg cramps, muscle stiffness, tension and knots. Massage improves circulation and can therefore stimulate the flow of blood to these areas.
- Relieving discomfort caused by postural changes. It can help the lumbar region to regain balance and relieve discomfort.
- Sciatic pain during pregnancy can be caused by a tight buttock muscle, massage can help to relax this muscle and relieve the pain caused by the pinched nerve.
- Alleviating sinus pressure and headaches caused by tension.
- Dissipating swelling/oedema. Extra pressure your uterus places on your legs can lead to swelling in your feet and ankles. Massage can improve circulation and lymph flow to the affected areas, helping to reduce swelling.
What happens during your appointment?
A full history shall be taken. Your appointments are either half an hour or a full hour. The hour provides enough time for a full body relaxing massage and the half hour is for either back and shoulders or lower limbs.